Jo has worked in various settings in Sydney, including the Prison system, Probation and Parole, Health and Hospitals, Family Mediation, Juvenile Justice and Aged Care Psychiatry.
Jo left Sydney in March 2018 to start a new life in Bundaberg. Soon after arriving here, Jo realised that the mental health services in Wide Bay were lacking and she made the decision to establish quality mental health care in Bundaberg.
Healthwise was founded in August 2019 with the goal of ensuring professional and affordable Psychology services for the community, and beyond.
EMDR technology, biofeedback, and TMS were not being offered anywhere in the area, so Jo helped bring these services to her clients.
With over 25 years clinical experience, Jo is passionate about her clients and helping them find positive and enduring change in their lives. Her vision is to expand Healthwise, and with the shortage of qualified professionals in the area, Jo (as a Board Approved Clinical Supervisor) aims to create more training opportunities for new psychologists- This translates to more availability and less wait times for mental health services.
Jo has a unique style of holistic therapy that focuses on getting outcomes and resolving the blockages and problems that are holding you back from the opportunities and future that await you.
- Aged Care Psychiatry
- Neurodegeneration (Dementia)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy
- Trauma & Attachment
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Behavioural Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Forensic Psychology
- Moved to Bundaberg from Sydney in 2018
- Has an interest in holistic health, energy medicine and natural mental health options
- Loves the ocean and outdoors
- Was a drama teacher before studying Psychology
- Medicare (Better Access / Mental Health Care Plan)
- Insurance (RACQ, Suncorp, Allianz, NRMA, etc)
- Veterans Families Counselling Service (VVCS)
- Private Pay
- BPsych (Hons)
- MPsych (Clinical)
Availability (Tues – Fri)
Jo is currently FULL –
A wait-list of approximately 6-7 months is offered.